Thursday, May 22, 2008

Amazing aerial stunts

As we were flying tonight I couldn't help but notice that Curt was sporting some fancy moves with his plane...stuff I didn't think the Wild Hawk could do (no ailerons), or a novice pilot like we both are had the skill and (let's be frank here) the cajones to try. It wasn't until after we had landed that he said that he had no idea how he'd pulled those off. You'd never tell it from looking at him...cool as a cucumber. Great poker face! Or maybe he was just happy (like I am most of the time when I'm flying) that he managed to squeeze out of yet another near catastrophe.

Seriously, it's getting so it really feels like I'm flying...not just hanging on for dear life and hoping something doesn't go wrong. It's a good feeling to be able to plan the next part of your flight instead of just being the slave on the other end of the radio!

See ya in the air soon. We all up for Sat. evening? Pot luck or what?

No comments: